Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: making contact prints
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 07:48:00 -0700

At 09:45 AM 4/21/00 +0100, Johnny Deadman wrote:
>Joe's Basement will do this for you in London... I've had it done a few
>times. The only problem is the sheets are so damn big. For looking at 35mm
>contacts casually I like those light-gathering loupes... for up close I use
>either a linen tester or a reversed 50mm lens.
>
>Johnny Deadman

The problem is that most contact sheets are made while the negatives are in
a plastic sleeve. There is a layer of plastic between the neg and the paper
which is OK for general viewing of the contact sheet, but critical viewing
is compromised.

From what I see with my own contact sheets, a linen tester would be
useless. The plastic layer visibly degrades the print.

Jim