Subject: [Leica] contacts... pages.. advice
From: "David Medley" <dmedley@whidbey.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 12:07:24 -0700

Back in the "olden" days I did commercial work for a few years in someone
else's studio. They had a great darkroom and enough room to get lost in if
that is what you wanted. Way back in the corner sat an old Elwood 8x10
enlarger. (on occasion we dug out the 8x10 Deardorf for architectural work)
The Elwood had an 8x10 glass carrier and if we wanted to impress the client
we would make our 35 mm "contacts" on 11x14 paper. No need for a loupe and
it did impress the people looking at the images. Not too long ago I ran into
a great deal on an 8x10 enlarger and was really tempted. Common sense
prevailed and I didn't buy it but if you ever get the chance make at least
one contact sheet with 2x3 inch "contact" 35mm images. It will blow you
away.

Cheers,
David Medley
Whidbey Is.   WA