Subject: Re: [Leica] Ideal travel kit
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 11:28:24 -0700

Ah, Peru! Land of the Moche! Why the 105mm, Walt? Do the natives there
resent being photographed too closely? Seriously, I would like to know.
The people are most interesting- they have over the centuries developed corn
and potatoes that can grow at the various altitudes, and will plant several
crops a year that ripen at different times and heights to coincide with
their herd movements to the various pastures. They have developed a culture
that has survived pestilence, war, invasions, volcanoes, not to mention
doing it in one of the most hostile environments on earth!
Personally, I would use a wider 50mm to encompass as much of the color and
vitality as I could. I have seen shots of their market places that are just
simply beautiful! I'd definitely take a 35mm at least, as well!
Dan ( Does ya need someone t' carry yo' bag?) Post