Subject: Re: [Leica] APO or not APO
From: ceworkman@ktis.net (C. E. Workman Jr.)
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 18:19:01 -0500

Martin, you hit my button.  I was formerly employed by a major silica sand
supplier in the US.  It is a fact that there are various quality and
chemistry's in the Silica Sands.  In other words, two manufacturers of glass
can use the same formula but produce higher or lower grades depending on the
quality of the silica.  Of course the same is true of the other ingredients
in the formula too.

And...wouldn't you guess, the price goes up with the higher grades of silica
and other ingredients.

And now, you know the rest of the story.

Cheers,

Chuck