Subject: RE: [Leica] Leaving the lens cap off
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 15:57:54 -0400

Ted,

I wanted to ask about one of your suggestions...

> Trust me, many a lens cap has great images recorded on it simply because
> the user worried too much about a smidgen of dust that can be blown off
> or can create interesting effects like a softar filter.

I had thought with the M6 that it was essential to leave the lens cap on
whenever the camera isn't in use due to the possibility of having sunlight
burn a hole in the shutter.  I'd prefer to leave it off, actually, but not
at the expense of the camera shutter!

I find it a nuissance to keep taking the cap on and off, especially since it
can't be mounted with the hood extended (and so more often than not I
neglected to extend the hood--not a good trade-off).

Dan