Subject: RE: [Leica] You're on the Board!
From: John Bean <john@jbean.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 14:38:12 +0100

At Sunday 23/04/2000 12:41, Dan Honemann wrote:
>1. Better film loading.
>2. Better film loading.
>3. Better film loading.

Am I the only one who *likes* the M loading system?

>-- a high eyepoint viewfinder that allows eyeglass wearers to see the 28
>frames in the .72x and the 35 frames in the .85x viewers

Probably impossible. Be nice though.

>-- aperture and shutter speed info in the viewfinder

You'll be wanting automation next ;-) [yellow alert]

>-- a center-mounted tripod socket

I like the tripod mount under the shutter. Helps handling when using a
support. If you're talking studio-style use, then it's probably not the
right camera for the job.

>-- electronic curtain to accommodate higher shutter speed and faster flash
>synch (1/250 would be nice) for fill

Erm... No. The M shutter is one of the reasons it's an M.

>-- aperture- and shutter-priority auto-exposure

Ah, you do want automation, I see. [red alert]

>-- NO auto-focus, never, ever

Phew! Thought I was about to see the M morph into Contax G. [stand down alert]

>-- lens caps that fit the hoods, so one can simply leave the hood extended
>(or in place) all the time (of course, Ted has me nearly convinced I don't
>need the lens cap anyway! :))

If you like. Lens caps have never been an issue with me, for some reason.
Perhaps I should stay in more 8-)

Regards

John Bean