Subject: Re: [Leica] You're on the Board!
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 22:52:00 +1000

Dan Honemann wrote:

> 1. Better film loading.
> 2. Better film loading.
> 3. Better film loading.
>
> Dan (who nearly ruined the shutter curtain on his brand new M6 wrestling
> with a stubborn roll of Tri-X that would neither feed through nor come back
> out)

Wow, what a list Dan.  You've got the job!

Seems like you've done the same thing I did, jam one of the first film
loads.  Made me sweat, it did.  But I soon learnt how to load the easy
way.  Do it just like it shows inside the baseplate, yet take a little
care to ensure the backplate will flatten the film against the film
guides when its closed.  Don't worry about the film sprocket holes not
sitting on the sprocket roller; the bottom plate's basket thingy nudges
the film into the right position when putting it on.

Trick: Once the bottom plate is on, wind the shutter a little, say a
third of a wind, to get the sprockets sitting in the film's sprocket
holes, then rewind the rewind lever a little to feel that the film has
been taken up.  Then complete the wind and watch the rewinding lever
turn.  This simple method makes you sure it's all working.

Basically, with a minimum of fuss, it'll work every time, and your first
three wishes will be granted.

Regards

Rick Dykstra