Subject: Re: [Leica] Pay Pal payments
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 00:55:14 -0400

Joe Codispoti jotted down the following:

> Paypal essentially is a "middleman" that allows the buyer to pay with a
> credit card directly to the email address of the seller.

I would advise anyone NOT to send their credit card information over regular
email to anyone.  It is not secure, it is not encrypted, and can bounce of a
large number of different machines (with the ability to be stored or read on
any one of them) before reaching the intended recipient.

Secure Internet servers at shopping sites are one thing, but regular email
is a very different beast altogether.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |  All wiyht. Rho sritched mg
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |  kegtops awound?