Subject: [Leica] Weight of Chrome v. Black Lenses
From: John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 22:01:44 -0400

I am a new list member and have a pretty stupid question -- Can someone help?

I'm looking at the Leica web site regarding Summicron-M 35/2 asph  lenses.  The
chrome model weighs a hundred grams more than the black one.  I thought this might
be a fluke, but on the other focal lengths the same trend occurs.

I have a used M6 on order and need a lens... the camera body is a chrome one with
black rewind, shutter speed, and wind lever -- so it's "two-tone" already.  I can
use either color and not be tacky.  So, I would prefer the lighter weight.  But....
why would a chrome lens add so much weight anyway?  Intellectual curiosity I
suppose.

Any comments regarding my choice of the 35/2.0 for a first all around "walking
around" lens?