Subject: Re: [Leica] lecia cl
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 23:27:42 -0500

Jim -

I've owned an M3, M5, CL and M6.  If you want a Leica rangefinder with a
meter I'd pick an M6.  The M5 and CL both have meters on swinging arms that
limit the use of certain of the shorter lenses, and can be damaged by
thoughtlessly collapsing one of the collapsible 50 or 90mm lenses.  You can
probably same a bit of money getting a user M3 or M2, although I think I got
my user M6 for only a couple of hundred more than I see M3s and M2s going for
on ebay these days.

While the M6 may not have quite the same level of precision feel that my M3
had, I have found it to be a much more useful camera all around.  I'd
encourage you not to write off an M6 as a possibility unless and until you've
surveyed the market and found that you just can't handle the little bit extra
that an M6 might run.

Cheers,
Kip