Subject: Re: [Leica] You're on the Board!
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 09:58:19 -0500

No, John, you're not.

I attended a Leica Seminar in the early 70s, and still have two vivid memories
from it.  One was a first look through Leitz binoculars, which in a normally lit
ballroom at night were simply breathtaking, and I've owned a pair ever since.

The second was a statement made by the presenter (I forget his name, but he was
the guy who did these across the country at the time, and I gather had been doing
so for a long time) about loading M4s and later.  He said, and this is almost an
exact quote, "Let our engineers worry about where the film goes, you just do what
we tell you" - which meant drop the film in, make sure the leader goes into the
fingers of the pickup spool, then close it up and wind away.  The more closely
I've followed that advice over the years the more reliable my film loading has
been (M5 at the time, now M6.)

Cheers,
Kip