Subject: Re: [Leica] K64 in Germany
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 05:23:28 -0700

Christer Almqvist wrote:
> I had some time to kill at the railway station this morning and thumbed
> through all the German photo magazines. Without exception, it seems, they
> carried full page color adverts for K64 mentioning the new Kodak lab in
> Stuttgart. The largest circulation magazines carried the adverts on the
> back cover, which I guess is the most expensive page. Todgesagte leben
> länger.

Hi Christer,

     I miss the 120 Kodachrome 64.  The colors were the greatest in
daylight and it's sharp.  Kodak needs to re-introduce it in 120.
It's sad that the world's in such a hurry, get there, get there all
the time, that pros' need the hour turn around for Ektachrome style that
big city labs can offer, if it's transparency film.  Toward's the
end of 120 Kodachrome's life, it was beginning to catch on with
fashion photographers how liked it's flesh tone rendering.

    Eastman Kodak decided to pull the plug on it.  Does anyone know
the inside story on it?  Probably only looking as far as the next
quarter's profit line.  Could the new line processors handle a
re-introduction of this Kodachrome film size?

				Cheers,

						Rich Lahrson
						tripspud@wenet.net