Subject: RE: [Leica] You're on the Board!
From: Byron Rakitzis <leica@rakitzis.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 22:48:32 -0700

Dan Honemann writes:

>Danger, danger, Will Robinson!  It's a mixed blessing, as I love the sparse
>simplicity of the M finder as it stands now.  But I find myself having to
>take the camera away from my eye to see what shutter speed I'm on.  I'll
>likely pick up the habit of starting from 1/250 and counting clicks up or
>down so I know the speed without having to look.  Be nice to have it
>available in the finder, though.

I can't be the only one who is thankful for the 1/50 sync speed: I use
that detent all the time to remind myself what shutter speed I'm on
without looking.

Besides, below 1/60 all the shutter speeds have their own sound, and so
if you are shooting a sequence of pictures with a slow shutter speed,
it will be obvious to your ears which speeds you are using.

Byron.