Subject: Re: [Leica] wishes
From: "M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" <meb@goodphotos.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 10:58:22 -0400

All I want different on a new M is a modified mechanical vertically
traveling bladed Copal shutter with speeds from 1 to 1/2000 pus B, and a
flash sync at 1/125th. The new Bessa has this technology, is it too much to
ask of Father Leitz? (I'd even forego the 1/2000 and TTL flash for the
1/125 synch.)

An alternative to a faster synch, that I would relish would be to have at
least ONE leaf shutter lens for the M. It would make those times that I
want to use fast shutter fill far more workable. I now rely on my Walz
Envoy 35 for this. While its OK, comparing the quality of the images isn't
something I'll even discuss in public. (I know this isn't the Leica's
purpose, but it would be a nice option.) The highst end MFs have a Leaf
Lens options, why not the highest end 35mm?

Otherwise, I can't think of more to ask. the LHSA Black Paint is looking a
nice investment to me right now. If I'm gonna spend $2k, for my first M6,
why not spend another $700 and get some window dressing and maybe some
better resale value for my kids from my estate? (though it'll probably be
in "ugly user" condition by then!)

Carpe Lumen,
Michael E. Berube
http://www.goodphotos.com