Subject: [Leica] Expectant proud new M6 owner
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:37:49 -0700 (PDT)

"Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com> wrote:

> What film are you shooting, B?  Do you do your own processing?

Fuji consumer 100 speed C41.  It's dirt cheap here.  (With some
coupons, I got 16 rolls of 24 exposure for about $10.)  I'm going
through about 8 rolls a week right now.  :)

Unfortunately, I'm not doing my own.  I've been wanting to go back to
B&W for a while, but I don't have a darkroom.  If I got a negative
scanner, then I'd be all set and could bypass prints for the most
part.  Later, I could add a Jobo for E6 processing for color, and I'd
be all set.

> I empathize with your decision over the 75 'lux vs. the 90 apo.
Tough
> choice, but from the reviews I've seen and accumulated, the (slight)
> edge goes to the new 90.

I'm thinking that for available light, I really want the extra stop
the 75 affords.  I can get away with slower speeds with my 35/2 than I
can hand holding a 75 or 90.  I'm thinking a 75/1.4 would be able to
shoot in the same light as my 35/2.

> You may have made the best choice starting with the 35.  Lots of
folks
> feel the 35 and 90 are the best two focal lengths to carry.

I'm extremely happy with my choice.  Longer to me also means more
weight.  I could always pull out my SLR if I wanted to go longer.