Subject: [Leica] Re: 35 Summicron v. Lux
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 03:29:35 -0700 (PDT)

lmrmax@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Hello all, I am new to Leica and have the pleasure of deciding what
> lenses to start with. At the moment, I am trying to decide between a
> 35 2.0 or 1.4. Other than the obvious 1 stop difference, any
> differences between the two in "look" or "feel" of the images
> produced? Thanks for any suggestions.  Len.

I noticed a difference between an older 35/2 demo model at the camera
store and the newer 35/2 ASPH that I bought.  The former is small
enough that it doesn't obstruct the viewfinder.  When I got home and
assembled my new outfit, I noticed that the ASPH model intrudes
slightly into the 35 frame lines (on the M6HM TTL).  I no longer
notice it, though.  :)

I would *assume* that the 1.4 model is even bigger.