Subject: Re: [Leica] Human Traffic
From: J Vaughan <sthawk_ontheroad@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 08:50:05 -0700 (PDT)

... all the time completely ignoring your main subject,
> who by
> now will be annoyed that you do not find him/her as interesting as
> everyone
> else. Now you return to your non-existent tree, check it out once
> more, and
> put the camera back to your eye.
>
> It is embarrassing how well this works. I always feel a bit ashamed,
> but
> hey.
>

> --
> Johnny Deadman

ROTFLMAO!!!!
That's me!...  No; I'm shooting that trash can  BEHIND you...Damn I
thought I had that copywritten.... no Patented... one or the other ;-)
I am Nearsighted in one eye and Farsighted in the other...(don't ask me
which...) AND my eye wanders up in the air on a mind of its own..
actually I can control it to some extent which comes in handy.

My Best street photo story...

I had been shooting film in the Five Points Nighborhood of Denver for
about 4 months. People had gotten pretty used to the longhaired white
boy in the neighborhood and folks were always asking me to take their
pictures etc. Well one day I'm walking down Welton lookin into the to p
of my Rolliflex wihout a care in the world. I decide to get a different
angle on this building I'm shooting and walk down a side street to "see
what I can see"
This Rather Large Black man comes out of his house at full run. And I'm
still looking into the rolei I ook up long enought to see him and I
turned toward te back of the building. Then I realized this guy is
closing on ME! and at a good clip too! towards my right side.
Fortunately (for me cause by now it was too late to dash off) he pulled
up short. I looked a little surprised I guess cause he stood there out
of breath and I said "Hi" Anyway He started yelling at me taking
pictures of  people in HIS neighborhood. I explained that I live in HIS
neighbor hood and therefor it should be our neighborhood and I always
take photos of the neighborhoods I live in cause I like people to know
that the longhair up the block is OK.
He was still PISSED...and intoxicated I realized.. then he went off
about the Rodney King Trial....
It turns out that no more than 1 Minute before this guy saw me the
erdict for the  trial came out basically letting thes cops off the hook
for blatently beating  someone...
I voiced my opinion and said I thought the  cops should be drawn and
quartered for their behavior... aftter another 10 minutes we were
somewhat friendly and I started walking the long way home....
tat was in '92(?)

Jeremy