Subject: Re: [Leica] Human Traffic
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:34:44 -0700

Johnny Deadman wrote:

> on 27/4/00 9:19 PM, sam at salex@idt.net wrote:
>
> > I wonder if street shooting using a TLR Rollei would effective. You DO look
> > down, but you ARE composing. . .hmmm. . .interesting. (strange, I had one
> > for a while, but never took it to the street.)
>
> I bought (and still have) one for exactly that purpose but have been too
> busy with Human Traffic to try it out. And now another project is opening
> up! Codename Jerusalem... watch this space! You heard it here first.
> --
> Johnny Deadman

I'll concur there is a LOT of stuff you can get away with with a Rolleiflex that
you can't with an eye level camera.
People are always relaxed around a Rolleiflex. They don't care if you take their
picture with it; they WANT you too!
I love the full frame black border squares. And LOVE cropping the heck out of them.
Mark Rabiner