Subject: [Leica] Re: PC lens now light poles
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 22:49:28 EDT

In a message dated 04/27/2000 3:23:49 PM, Doanl Philby wrote:

<<  Of course, I understand that
all Lugnuts may not be highly envious of my opportunity to shoot light
poles! >>

Donal,

I am jealous!  In about 1972 as a photo student I spent almost a year
photographing the rural Illinois landscape with a 4x5 fitted with a 75mm
Super Angulon.  The areas where I was working were pretty undistinguished,
flat and boring.  I hit on the idea of placing a light pole in the center of
each picture.  The poles served to anchor the photos while the landscape
became smaller and smaller, until it was just the immediate area around the
pole.  It actually became an interesting series of photos.  To this day I
can't pass up a good light pole.  I love them!

Richard Wasserman