Subject: Re: [Leica] Hazed
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 11:06:14 EDT

<<John can certainly clean up an old lens if the haze is removable and not
etched
into a surface, and I gather can refinish and recoat a surface if it needs
that
(he quoted me $150 per surface recently).  If it only needs disassembly for
internal cleaning but not recoating, Sherry Krauter does that work as well.
She
recently cleaned  internal haze out of a Focotar enlarging lens that has been
on
my enlarger for 30 years.  Cost was $75 plus postage, and it looks like new.
Others probably do this as well, but I've only had experience with Sherry on
this
work.>>

Kip,

Thanks, I'll send the lens out for a thorough cleaning if I need to.  The LUG
came through for me once again!  I really appreciate all the help.

Richard W