Subject: Re: [Leica] Street photography
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 10:27:29 -0700

Johnny Deadman wrote:

> on 28/4/00 11:46 AM, Neil Frankish at nfrnkish@tcd.ie wrote:
>
> > I use Tmax or delta3200 for theatre shots. I used to expose at 3200 and
> > develop at 3200. But the negs are so thin! after getting the 75 1.4, I
> > exposed at 1600 and developed for 3200. They are still thin!
>
> Of course!! Because they lie about the film speed!!
>
> --
> Johnny Deadman

Only time i ever shot anything at a true 3200 is the T Max in it's own developer
(T Max developer)
Kinda mushy though, not too fond of that stuff! It's name Is Tmax P3200 the P
does not stand for pool but push!
So 3200 is it's Push speed. Delta should have used a similar trick. Delta I3200.
I stands for "in your imagination"
I got better luck with D76 with tmax, the developer they used when tweaking the film.
But now it's Xtol all over the place and Delta.
The Delta 3200 gets rated at 1600 or 1200 I can't decide. It IS the only opinion
in 120.
But the Fuji Neopan 1600 IS a true 1600 at least and Xtol produces a clean, nice
looking in your face negative.
For 35mm
Mark Rabiner