Subject: Re: [Leica] Street photography
From: John Bean <john@jbean.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 21:02:33 +0100

At Friday 28/04/2000 21:20, rlb wrote:
>Peter, I have had my best results with Delta 3200 @ ISO 1200 in Xtol.  Magic
>combination. Extremely fine grain.  Looks more like ISO  400 than 1200.

That's interesting, Bob. Delta 3200 seems to need a very active developer -
what concentration/time/temp/agitation do you use for Xtol?

I get acceptable negs at 3200 if I develop in 1+4 Aculux, 15 min/20C with
10sec agitation every half minute. I haven't fully evaluated yet, but I
think raising the temperature and diluting closer to the "normal" 1+9 for
Aculux will give better results. Anyhow, I can "sort of" make Delta 3200
work at 3200...

Regards

John Bean