Subject: Re: [Leica] awaiting the wrath of the Leica cops
From: J Vaughan <sthawk_ontheroad@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 14:23:12 -0700 (PDT)

Bought my M^... went shooting stopped by the girl's office to say hi.
We went to lunc... came back to her office  set my camera down on her
black coat which was on a chair.. OUT of Harms way... Her computer
crashed I was fixing it when I heard it... Crash.....
I slowly turned around to see Shannon with her coat in her hand and her
mouth agape... my NEW leica was on the floor... CONCRETE floor that
is...
Couldn't find a mark on it... and it works just fine... including the
flip  off of the jacket it was probablally 21/2 feet... BUT Sherry said
I managed to purchase a M6 that comes from the toughest group of
them....

Jeremy

- --- Michael Darnton <mdarnton@hotmail.com> wrote:
>      Are we telling Leica abuse stories again? Mine happened the day
> I was
> leaving the newsroom, which was on the third floor with a direct
> stairway to streetlevel. As I reached out for the handrail I felt my
M3 with RF 35 Summilux quickly slide down the arm of my nylon jacket
and throw itself down the stairs. It hit EVERY step on the way down,
like a Slinky. When it had gotten to the bottom and I'd gathered myself
enough to follow, I discovered that the only damage was a blacked-out
viewfinder. Strangely enough, the camera itself wasn't dented, nor was
the lens damaged in any way, and everything except the viewfinder
worked fine. I could even watch the
> rangefinder patch drift back and forth against the black background
> while I focused. I got it fixed, and never had any problems with it
after that.