Subject: Re: [Leica] Anyone use Xtol Developer?
From: "rlb" <rlb@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 12:06:13 -0700

Johnny, I have run perhaps close to 500 rolls of Delta films during the past
year in Xtol and have never experienced the variability that you refer to.
I have run into packages of 1 liter Xtol that the part A had solidified.   I
have had two containers of Xtol stock solution that were exhausted after 3
to 4 weeks producing blank negatives.  I have used at all dilutions during
this time but generally prefer 1:3 or 1:2.

I am very anal about mixing all of my stock solutions in distilled water and
making sure there is at least 100ml of stock solution per roll of film.
Other than those things Xtol has consistently produced fine negatives for
me.

Bob Bedwell