Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R: Is It Worth It?
From: "William Speights" <WSpeights@ntia.doc.gov>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 07:43:22 -0400

Mitchell,
In my opinion, Leica R is definitely worth it.  You will lose some functionality with the Leica system (i.e. there aren't a billion lenses to choose from, you can't rent them at any local pro shop, they don't have the custom functions that you may be used to), but they do produce those incredible sharp and life-like photos.  I gave up my EOS 1n system for an R7 and do not regret it.  I am not a photojournalist or a sports photog, and autofocus became annoying, so I sold most of my EOS outfit and plunged into the R world. I have an M also, but I still like SLR WYSIWYG focusing better.  If you decide on Leica R over Nikon or EOS, just realize what you are giving up and what you are gaining.  Hope this helps.
William