Subject: [Leica] LEICA SHOPPING IN BERLIN
From: "Brian J. Given" <bgiven@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 22:20:44 -0400

Greetings fellow LUG'ers:

	I am going to be in Berlin next week and wonder if I might get a good deal
on an R-8 and a Minilux there. I know nothing about Leica pricing in Germany
or Berlin in particular so I would be grateful for some advice.  What shops
for new and used? What sort of price is likely for new?

	I can get out of the VAT but have to pay Canadian sales taxes on import
that amount to the same and there is not duty on cameras. Hence, if its
cheaper in Germany is really is cheaper for me.

Your advice please?

Brian