Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Contax G lenses in "M" mount
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 15:58:24 +0100

I've seen or read about several adaptations of the 16mm Hologon. In fact
this modification will be the subject of an article in the next issue of
Leica Fotografie International magazine. I wouldn't expect any r/f coupling
as it wasn't available on the G lenses to start with.
Metering will be fine as M cameras always meter at working apertures
anyway. and framelines aren't part of a discussion for the extreme w/angle
lenses but would be no problem to provide along with any M mount.
I've also seen or heard of a 21mm conversion, again at this wide a focal
length you can scale focus.
regards,
Jem