Subject: [Leica] FS: Late M3 in very very good user shape
From: "Jean-Claude Berger" <jcberger@jcberger.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 20:53:51 +0200

Hello friends,

I have the following body to sell:

Description

Late (serial number 1101926) single stroke Leica M3 in very good user shape.
This body works perfectly. It comes with the body cap but only one sync
connector cap.

Good points (I surely forgot some):

   Everything seems to work well!

   Very clear viewfinder without any fogging

   Very clear telemeter window

   Speeds seem accurate

Defaults (quite complete list):

   Very light denting near the transport lever

   Light ding near the rewind knob (on the back left corner and the eyepiece)

   Small ding on the right side of the rear door

   The self timer works but the spring seems a little bit weak on the end of the
movement

   Very light denting in several places on the front of the top plate

   Light brassing near the right lug and on the release button

   The top plate is "polished" near the rewind knob

   Obvious brassing on the baseplate and the right lug

   The screws of the back door seem different between them

   Small default of the vulcanite below the film remender dial

   Small scratches near the telemeter vertical adjusment screw and on the
baseplate

   Some marks on screws indicate that the body has been opened

Note:

I don't know if it is a bad point or not because I have seen several M3's in the
same case and Leica France says it's not a problem. But as all other M's I have
seen are different, I prefer to tell that the junction piece of the second
curtain is slightly (hardly) visible through the back door or lens mount when
the shutter is uncocked. One has to look a little bit sideway to see it but it
can be seen.

Price $890 plus shipping.

All the best,

- --