Subject: Re: [Leica] More questions before placing order
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 11:07:45 -0700

Sarawoot Chittra wrote:

> Hi friends,
> Thank you for your help me having a decision to get the M6 and 32/2.  I
> really appreciate that.  Before placing an order, I would like to ask you
> guys some more questions -hope you don't mind.
> After reading the page (http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Workshop/4472/) that
> Dan suggests me (thanks Dan for this again), the Using your new Leica page
> describes the way to initialize the camera :) Well, it sounds complicate to
> me.  For instance, I have to get the velcro and attach them to the
> camera-strap nut.  Do I have to do those steps ?  Did you guys do that?
> Well, my decision is I will get the new passport warrantee M6TTL 0.72 from
> Doug on the Leica's day.  So it would be $1645.50 (after Leica's day
> discount and after rebate). For the lens, I'm deciding between the passport
> warrantee for $1375.50 (after Leica's day discount and after rebate) or the
> grey market for $1,254.00.  Any opinion?
> By the way, the grey market M6TTL0.72 costs $1548.00, should I saved some
> money (around $100.00) and get the grey market item instead?
> Thank you very much.
> Sarawoot

To easily be the Devils advocate on these issues I say nay to all or none of the
above in that site.
Spend an extra hundred bucks and get a passport you can look the Leica rep. in
the face and things do sometimes go wrong.
Me I leave the strap and UV filter both off! Both ongoing dramatic controversies
here. I hate straps but other many good people here love them!
And a couple of our respected regulars are undoubtedly UV filter users but they
at this point are keeping a lower profile on the issue.
Velcro! I don't need no stinkin Velcro!
I'd get a nice little bag like a 4x6x6" Lowe-Pro Nova Micro for $40.00. Pull the
camera out of the bag and shoot. Keep a spare roll or two in the front pocket
with your lens cap. Always use the shade.
That's my opinion!
Mark Rabiner

Message from "Sarawoot Chittra" <former_zeiss@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] RE: Leica bags report)
Message from "Sarawoot Chittra" <former_zeiss@hotmail.com> ([Leica] More questions before placing order)