Subject: Re: [Leica] More questions before placing order
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 22:27:49 +0100

Sarawoot Chittra wrote:

> Hi friends,
> Thank you for your help me having a decision to get the M6 and 32/2.  I
> really appreciate that.  Before placing an order, I would like to ask you
> guys some more questions -hope you don't mind.
> After reading the page (http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Workshop/4472/) that
> Dan suggests me (thanks Dan for this again), the Using your new Leica page
> describes the way to initialize the camera :) Well, it sounds complicate to
> me.  For instance, I have to get the velcro and attach them to the
> camera-strap nut.  Do I have to do those steps ?  Did you guys do that?
> Well, my decision is I will get the new passport warrantee M6TTL 0.72 from
> Doug on the Leica's day.  So it would be $1645.50 (after Leica's day
> discount and after rebate). For the lens, I'm deciding between the passport
> warrantee for $1375.50 (after Leica's day discount and after rebate) or the
> grey market for $1,254.00.  Any opinion?
> By the way, the grey market M6TTL0.72 costs $1548.00, should I saved some
> money (around $100.00) and get the grey market item instead?
> Thank you very much.
> Sarawoot
Are you Thai Sarawoot? If so, is there an official Leica repair station in
BKK? If not is there a non- official Leica repair person?  The ability to have
your camera serviced close to home is an important consideration in whether or
not to have the pass port coverage, While you can, of course send the camera
anywhere in the world for service, there is nothing like being able to visit
your repair person's shop and see how he or she works.  If you have a
knowlageabe person near you it may be ok to get the gray market camera or
lens, knowing that if it needs works you will have to pay for it. It is a
gamble, but hay, what isn't.  As for Leica's official repairs, there have been
quite a few posts here about very long waits for one's camera back.
John

Message from "Sarawoot Chittra" <former_zeiss@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] RE: Leica bags report)
Message from "Sarawoot Chittra" <former_zeiss@hotmail.com> ([Leica] More questions before placing order)