Subject: RE: [Leica] 35/2 vs 35/2 asph
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 11:52:59 -0700

It depends how much of your shooting is done at f/2.8 and wider.  If you
want tack-sharp pics at 2.0 and 2.8, the ASPH is the way to go - it's
visibly better at these apertures than the old lens.  If you do most of your
shooting at 4.0 or smaller, I'd say the lenses are about equal.

All that aside, I traded up to the ASPH for the security of knowing that all
faults in the photos are now unequivocally mine :-)  This lens is as good as
a 35 ever gets.

Paul Chefurka