Subject: Re: Serial Number [Leica]
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 12:59:52 -0600

Some people feel that ne'er-do-wells  may take your serial number, report it
to the police as stolen and then discover "their" camera in your possession.
The police then recover, with genuine vulcanite I hear :-), the camera for
the aforementioned ne'er-do-wells. I never worry to much about this as my
serial numbers are right on top of the camera for all to see anyway.

John Collier