Subject: Re: [Leica] For Computer People - somewhat OT but interesting
From: Harrison Mcclary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 14:32:22 -0500

once upon a time Walter Levy wrote:

> I was looking something up in the MSDN January 2000 edition when I
> discovered there is an entry under Visual Basic Documentation entitled
> "Black and White Photography."  Sure enough, when I clicked on it a gallery
> of six personal photos popped up, complete with thumbnails and large
> versions!  I've seen Easter Eggs in software before, but never something
> like this.  Thanks, Microsoft, you made my day  :)

You realize, don't you, that Bill Gates owns Corbis-the largest
photoagency/library in the world.   Not exactly a good thing, have heard
that Corbis/Sygma is trying to get freelancers in Paris - the home of Sygma-
to sign some kind of screwy contract that basically steals the photographers
copyrights...and this from a photo agency---they are supposed to REPRESENT
their photographers not screw them.  Corbis also owns the Betteman archives,
Corbis Westlight - who has also been offered a version of the bad contract,
and several other photo agencies.

- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net