Subject: Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Nikon F5
From: Jlaird@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 21:15:18 EDT

In a message dated 05/13/2000 7:34:17 PM Central Daylight Time,
s_lamb@compuserve.com writes:

> Jim
>
>  I agree.  I don't believe the glass is up to Leica quality but it sure
> thinks
>  faster than me and my M6 when it comes to getting that unexpected shot.
>
>  Simon

Simon,

  Absolutely! I think we all like Leicas for the obvious reasons, they're
quiet, inobstrusive and don't get 'in your way'. But there IS nothing better
than an SLR when you're using a long lens or one with autofocus when you want
to capture a bunch of kids or puppies running at lightning speed!

  I would recommend though if you're contemplating buying an F5 that you take
a long hard look at the F100; smaller, lighter and almost as quick. I found
that lugging around an F5 with an 80-200 f2.8 or even the wonderful 180 f2.8
was just TOO MUCH LIKE WORK. So I now use the F100 for those occasions when
autofocus or long lenses are needed. But I always keep my M3 over my shoulder
with a 35, 50 or 90 for times when I don't want to intrude or I want that
special shot.

Enough said...they both have their place...and I love using them both!

Jim