Subject: Re: [Leica] R5/R7 Flash
From: John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 01:10:16 -0400

Dave, I probably shouln't butt in here because I am not an expert on the
Metz system.  But I do have a new 40Mzi-3, with SCA 3801 adaptor and use
it with a Contax 645 medium format outfit.  I learned during
pre-purchasing research that the 40 and 50 models can both use the 4
digit adaptor modules, which mean that they are digital and offer more
features.  Thus, it seems to me that if you use the SCA 351 module it
will not do all the Metz 40 and 50 series were designed to do?  Does
this make sense?

I am not sure of the capabilities of the bodies you are mating it with,
and perhaps after all you are getting all they are capable of so it
really doesn't matter.???  I do know that the model SCA 3501 adaptor
module is used with the Leica M6.  I plan on getting one for my M6.  I
can just imagine the nice neat little camera supporting the large 40Mz3
unit -- sort of top heavy I think.... But it should work.

Best Regards,
John