Subject: Re: Bessa Screw v. Konica M WAS:Re: [Leica] What Leica will be showing at Photokina
From: John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 19:54:59 -0400

Bill,
Yes, I got your very good explanation.  You know what's funny.... I don't look at
headers real closely and thought that had been sent to the list too.  I need to
take better stock and when somebody sends a personal email to be sure and reply,
with thanks.  So, thank you!
I looked at the price of a Hexar and it is almost as expensive as an M6.  I'm
really glad to see the popularity of rangefinder camera types surging.  I am new
to Leica but not to rangefinders....  My first serious camera at age 14 was a
Kodak Retina Automatic III with Schneider Xenar 45/2.8.  I still have it in fact,
and it takes darn good pictures.  And I am partial to the Voigtlander marque
too.... I had a Bessa II with 105 Color Skopar and it took really good great big
negatives...  A fine tradition in cameras.  I guess I like good glass.  I have a
Contax 645 in MF now, and love the pictures from it too.  I know I will like my M6
and enjoy it to its fullest.
John