Subject: Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Nikon F5
From: "Robert Stack" <ticino@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 09:28:29 -0500

Greetings Simon.
I think you answered your own questions.  Before computers in
cameras,autofocus and motor drives, photographers measured the light, made
exposure decisions, pre focused, etc.  I don't think there were too many
problems that the Life photographers on Omaha beach couldn't overcome using
their manually operated cameras while dodging all forms of nasty stuff from
the enemy above.  Not the same as photographing a fast lion, I grant you,
but tough to do nonetheless.  And they succeeded brilliantly!
Bob