Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: London and Paris Trip- Airport Security
From: "Robert Stack" <ticino@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 17:12:41 -0500

Hi Bill:
My wife and I departed through both DeGaulle and Heathrow this past March.
I could not get hand inspection at either (the French gave an emphatic no
and British a polite refusal).  I used APX 25 and 50, Techpan and T-max 400
on the trip and found no fogging.  FYI I have only been able to get hand
inspection in Europe at Kloten in Zurich.
I saw Jim's response about presentation of the film.  I always try the same
approach, but it met with no success at Paris and London.  May be it was the
time of day , my smile, or  who knows what that got me the turn -down and
Jim the success.  Hope that helps. Bob