Subject: [Leica] 60 Macro
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@telalink.net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 21:12:15 +0100

>> The 55/3.5 Micro is a step down from Leica glass.  I've used this
>> lens, both single-coated and multi-coated, and the 55/2.8 Micro
>> AIS, and neither can come near the image quality the Leica 60/2.8
>> Macro lens gives.
snipped

>> Doug Herr
>> Sacramento
>
>Doug - I'd challenge you to tell the difference between photos taken with
>the Nikon 60 2.8 macro AF and it's Leica non-AF counterpart.:-)
>
>B. D.

Comparing a 3 or 4 generation old design to a newer one is not fair. The
60 2.8 Macro is probably the best lens that Nikon makes or has made in
and around "normal" focal length. I use the 60 (and 105 Macro) daily and
intensively. (and before the 60 the 55 2.8) The 60 Nikon is much better
than the 55. Flatter field, sharper, less distortion.

So, does anyone have real world experience comparing the 60 Nikon and the
60 Leica?
It might be interesting to hear about this.

Henry Ambrose

Replies: Reply from Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com> (Re: [Leica] 60 Macro -- flat field)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] 60 Macro)