Subject: [Leica] New List Member, New Leica Owner
From: Shel Belinkoff <belinkoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 21:34:19 -0700

Hi,

This is my first post to the list and i thought I'd introduce myself.

Tomorrow I am picking up my first Leica and, as you may guess, I'm
really excited about it.  It's an M3 with the 50mm Summarit 1.5. lens
cap, and leather case.
Everything is in excellent condition.  The camera had a CLA about three
years ago, but has not been used since.  Everything seems to be in good
operational condition, but I've not run any film through it yet.  I've a
few questions, the first of which is, what, if any, problems should I
specifically look for considering the camera's lack of use all this
time?

Any recommendations for a good repair facility?  I'm in the San
Francisco area of California, and a place close by would be ideal.
However, I don't mind sending the camera out of the area if need be.

The PO etched his SS# on the back of the top plate.  Is there a good way
to remove this eye sore?  I was thinking that buffing it down and then
having the body painted black (such as by Shintaro Yaghinuma) might do
the trick.  Any thoughts on that?

Thanks a lot for any help.  I hope to be able to contribute something
soon, rather than just ask aa lot of "newbie" questions.
- --
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:belinkoff@earthlink.net

Message from Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net> ([Leica] lug etiquette)