Subject: Re: [Leica] 60 Macro
From: jcoleman@interport.net
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 14:20:48 -0400

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Perhaps designed for flat art where there is not "background?"
> Mark Rabiner

Perhaps.  Tends to limit the use of the lens if that is the case.  ; )  I was
shooting flowers (sorry, not "shooting," "photographing" -- I wouldn't hurt the
flowers).

The 60 is great for a lot of things including close-up (obviously), landscape,
portrait, etc.  The slightly longer focal length from 50 gives a pleasant
perspective IMHO, neither distorted outwards like wide-angle lenses nor too
compressed as with long lenses.

Jay Coleman

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] 60 Macro)
Message from jcoleman@interport.net (Re: [Leica] 60 Macro)