Subject: Re: [Leica] "Quick" DOF calculation
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 16:57:16 EDT

In a message dated 5/18/00 2:12:28 PM, deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk writes:

>Maybe you could expand on that, Bob. I'm interested because I do think
>a lot
>of street photographers are afraid of people... which is why they do it.
>As
>for the sloppy seeing, well some are sloppy, some aren't. Sloppy isn't
>necessarily bad anyway. But go on, go on.

Before I went to work for newspapers I used to want to sneak photos -- Yes, I
too, wanted to be a street photographer -- but, speaking for myself only, I
soon realized that the reason I wanted to catch that fleeting moment ala HCB
was because I didn't want to have to walk up to that person and talk to them.
I assume that if others felt that way then others do too.

Bob (will talk to anybody) McEowen

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> ([Leica] The Longest Day of the Year!)