Subject: Re: [Leica] "Quick" DOF calculation
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 17:09:35 EDT

In a message dated 5/18/00 2:58:53 PM, jbcollier@home.com writes:

>http://www.deepturtle.com/steve/photos/index.html
>
>> From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
>>
>> I suggest that you take a look at Stephen Holloway's site (sorry -- don't
>> have the URL on hand).  You will see a style of streetphotography that
>> certainly doesn't exhibit sloppy seing, nor by someone whose afraid of
>> making contact with people.

I looked at this site. I'm actually surprised you're calling it "street
photography." Even the section titled "street" doesn't seem to fit the genre
- -- or at least my stereotypical view of the genre. There are hardly any
tilted horizons of anynomous people streaming by the camera or photos of
people's backs. In fact, a lot of what's here seemed to be multiple photos of
the same person -- which implies permission and actually working the
situation -- far from typical "street" photography.

Bob (very few crowded streets where I live) McEowen

Replies: Reply from Stephen Holloway <stephen.holloway@balcab.ch> (Re: [Leica] "Quick" DOF calculation)