Subject: Re: [Leica] filters for flourescents and giving birth....
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@sierratel.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 16:18:56 -0700

Simon writes:

|I think I may just stick with the B&W - it seems like the best option given
|the lighting.  As for when I will take the photos, it will most definitely
|be after the event once mother and child are settled.  I enjoyed the birth
|of our first two girls and I want to enjoy this birth as well.

I don't know if you have Ted's book, yet.  It would give you a lot of ideas.

You might consider photographing the entire process....I am assuming that
Britain is similar to the U.S. in that you have an admissions process, a labor
room, hooking up fetal monitors, monitoring the labor, being wheeled into the
delivery room, hooking up monitors, passing the baby to the mother...etc.

Since you been there, done that, you probably have a good idea of the probable
scenario.  Think of it as one of Brian's ritualistic weddings.

Since my wife was out of it right after the birth of our daughter, I was the
one the baby was handed to (before she was cleaned off) and told to hold her
and kiss her.  I truly wish I had a picture of that! (but not in color).

Regards, Bill (who wishes he had pictures of the pre-birth and post-birth
activities) Larsen

Replies: Reply from "Simon Lamb" <s_lamb@compuserve.com> ([Leica] Someone mentioned Minox)