Subject: [Leica] FS: leica M5, Excellent+
From: "Jean-Claude Berger" <jcberger@jcberger.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 10:45:39 +0200

Hello friends,

I have a Leica M5 for sell. As usual, I propose it to the LUG before it goes on
eBay. It's a black one #129XXXX, 2 lugs. There are very light signs of use shown
as faint traces on the paint. Not ding, no dent (but on the self-timer lever).
Everything works!

Good points

   Everything works!

   Very light signs of use

   Careful repairer put a raised D wax seal on the 12 o'clock bay screw

   Lightmeter works

   Self-timer works

   Clear viewfinder, no fog

Defaults

   When looking at the telemeter zone, one can see some faint lines on the outer
edge of the zone. I had a M5 for ten years that presented the same default
without any inconvenient. One had to aim the telemeter zone to a very bright
area to see those lines. They may indicate that the telemeter should be cleaned
someday (in several years probably).

   The telemeter needs a small adjustment, I'll have it made before I send the
body unless buyer advise me not to do so

   Faint paint marks on the top plate indicate light use

   Paint marks on the battery cover slot

   Clearly visible marks on the baseplate

   Some light dings on the self-timer lever

   Half the red paint on the lens lock is gone

   Less than usual paint scratches on the lower edge of the back door

   Less than usual paint scratches on the eyelet ring

   A tiny point of the leatherette is brown instead of black near the rewind
lock lever

   A very small mark on the plastic part of the hot-shoe

Price

   $1590 plus shipping

All the best,

- --