Subject: [Leica] Filter for hospital shots
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 04:29:09 -0700 (PDT)

"Simon Lamb" <s_lamb@compuserve.com> wrote:

> My wife will be giving birth to our thrid child in about six weeks
> time and I wanted to ask what would be the best filter for use in a
> hospital room with flourecscent tube lighting.  I have used B&W
> filters before but I am open to any suggestions of better filters for
> the Leica glass.

I'd recommend using fuji superia 800 or B&W without filters.  The fuji
does really well under mixed lighting.

B&W might be your best bet.  Most people really don't want to see
blood in its full crimson glory.  :)

If you're shooting slides, good luck.  You'd about need a color meter
to figure out the filtration with the mix of lights many hospitals
use.