Subject: Re: [Leica] Beseler alignment
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 19:20:28 -0700

Walter Levy wrote:

> Mark Rabiner wrote: "I saw a special stage for the lens stage of a Beseler
> to align that better at
> the camera store."
>
> Mark, I've been looking for an alignment tool, have looked at Zig-Align and
> versalab parallel.  What did you refer to in your post?
>
> Walter (still looking for cosmic alignment) Levy

On this list half of us seem to weigh in for the versalab and the other half for Zig.
Me I go with Zig. The people on the other end of the phone over their make sure
you end of with an enlarger that is aligned.
Not an easy task or obvious with many enlargers but you are on the phone with
them until you have it straightened out.
THEY are the ones who designed the Zig-Align system you buy direct from them.
If you enlarger wont' budge they have an easel alignment system so your easel
ends up parallel with your lens board and then negative stage. He does express
some consternation with Beselers though. (Good for drop kicking!?)
http://www.zig-align.com/contact.html

mark Rabiner