Subject: Re: [Leica] 24mm finder needed w/M6 .78?
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 22:06:28 +0200

First, it is 0.72, not 0.78. Second, I have a difficult time understanding why
you would want to do without the finder. I realize it is a bit of a drag to have
to put it on, but presumably you are interested in the entire frame when using a
24mm lens. In which case you need the finder unless you have some truly
exceptional eye muscles. If you do not care too much about what is in the edges
of your photo, then you might as well buy the 28mm instead.

Nathan

ZaaX@aol.com wrote:

> Seems to me I read a while back that some .78 M6 owners that have the 24mm
> lens do not use a separate finder. It was stated that the edge of the cameras
> finder is "pretty close" to being equal to a 24mm finder. Is this true? I
> would prefer to not use a finder if possible. How much larger would the field
> of view be for the .78 model Vs the 24mm finder?
> Thanks in advance for any replies.
>
> Zack Schindler
> N8FNR

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch