Subject: Re: [Leica] 40mm lens & viewfinder
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 17:03:26 -0700

Um. Well. The 40mm lens seems to work very nicely with my M3.
Focus has not been a problem. Only composition (my fault).

I prefer the M3 viewfinder to the CL's. If you look through the M3
viewfinder and move your eye to each side until the 50mm frame disappears,
that's pretty close to the coverage of the 40mm lens (and more accurate than
the frame lines in the CL itself).

I've heard rumors about a difference in cam pitch, but so far no one has
explained exactly what the difference is or what effect it has on focussing.
Rumors without data are maddening! Does anyone (Sal?) have more precise
information on where in the focusing range (and with which m-series bodies)
problems might occur?

Mike Quinn