Subject: Re: [Leica] f/1.4 landscapes, kodachrome
From: jcoleman@interport.net
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 18:41:55 -0400

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Johnny Deadman wrote:
> ><Snip>
> > Hey, Mark, guess what? A propos our previous discussion I shot some f/1.4
> > landscapes today in a forest. Kodachromes (200) and Ektachrome VS 100. I
> > have some others that I'll put up soon. Check 'em out baby. All on the 50
> > lux too. Really keen to see what the kodachrome looks like.
> >
> > --
> > Johnny Deadman
> >
> Johnny you are like August Sander!
> Just when you think he is all about people up pops his landscapes!
> I just saw a new book of Ed Weston and it had lots of his color work in there!
> Surprised the heck out of me! I knew Ansel did it!
> Mark Rabiner

What book?  I've never seen anything by Weston in color and I've seen a fair
number of his books.

Love August Sander.  His Citizens of the Twentieth Century is one of the great
photo books.

Thanks.

Jay Coleman

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] f/1.4 landscapes, kodachrome)